Introduction to Information Technology
Weekly Class Assignments
It's fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.
August 31 - Sept 4
1. QOD - 31, 1, 2, 3, 4
2. Keyboarding - Eductyping - Lessons (3.1. - 5.2)
3. Introduction to Microsoft Word 2013 (Teacher lead Walk-thru)
4. SAMS - Beginning Microsoft Word Training
5. SAMS - Beginning Microsoft Word Quiz (Project - due Friday)
August 24 -28
1. QOD - 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
2. Keyboarding - Edutyping - Practice (n0n-graded), Lessons 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.2, 3.1, 3.2, 4.1, 4.2
3. What is a Computer? What is IPC? What is IPOS? (discussion, video, group work, class work)
4. Hardware vs. Software (discussion, video, group work, artifacts)
5. SAM assignment "Computing Fundamentals" Traning - You can view SAMS at home if you have 2013
6. Quiz - Computing Fundamentals
Welcome students and discuss Classroom Policy and Procedures. Distribute paper contact info and complete IT Class Information; If time permits discuss due dates and calendar
1. Distribute Contracts and user names
2. Set up desktop shortcuts- \\bruner-srv2\Examples and Resources\intro_to_it\Examples
3. Complete IT Class Information and Edmodo
4. Set up Individaul student folders, Keyboarding & Word of the Day or Journal Entry(Bellwork)
5. Complete the basic keyboarding technique tutorial (Posture/Ergonomics and QWERTY Tutorials)
6. Make folders your U:\\ Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects, Keyboarding, Tech_concept.
7. Work on EduTyping and then Beginner Keyboarding Course "Do Not Take the Quiz" we will take it as a whole class.
8.How would you define a Computer? What are peripheral devices?