Introduction to Information Technology
Weekly Class Assignments
It's fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.
August 17 - 26
1. What is a Computer Quiz?
2. Storage Devices
3. Intro to Word (Gmetrix) Training 1(100% required)
4. Edutyping (Lessons 1- 5)
Welcome students and discuss Classroom Policy and Procedures. Distribute paper contact info and complete IT Class Information; If time permits discuss due dates and calendar
** Icebreaker Games**
1. Distribute Contracts and user names
2. Set up desktop shortcuts- \\bruner-srv2\Examples and Resources\intro_to_it\Examples
3. Complete IT Class Information and Edmodo
4. Set up Individaul student folders, Keyboarding & Word of the Day or Journal Entry(Bellwork)
5. Complete the basic keyboarding technique tutorial (Posture/Ergonomics and QWERTY Tutorials)
6. Make folders your U:\\ Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects, Keyboarding, Tech_concept.
7. Work on EduTyping and then Beginner Keyboarding Course "Do Not Take the Quiz" we will take it as a whole class.
8.How would you define a Computer? What are peripheral devices?